Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here we go.

Keith Hernandez is awesome, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Why, hello there. If you're reading this, you probably know me (or you're just following me via Facebook or Twitter), so I'm not going to go into too much detail about who I am or why I'm writing this blog. But in short: I'm Thomas, and I'm a sports fan. I like baseball and hockey and soccer; I dabble in basketball and football. I like the Mets and the Red Sox. I like the Islanders and the Capitals. I like Arsenal FC. I like the Pacers and the Celtics and the Steelers.

I'm going to write mostly about the sports and the teams that I like (see above). I'll branch out a bit from that, but we'll see how often I see fit to do that. Hopefully most of the time I will be at least slightly amusing; sometimes that won't be possible, but when it is, hopefully I can bring a smile to the reader's face. Occasionally I will write about things that are not sports, like music and random facts and stuff. No politics, though -- I have another blog for that which I will likely plug liberally. I might occasionally link to other stuff I've written in the past. I'll link to things other people have written as well.

Hopefully as time passes we can have some recurring series and inside jokes and things like that. I'm thinking of having a Twitter-ish Music Monday and Follow Friday thing, so we'll see how that goes. In case you can't tell, I'm playing this blog a bit by ear. I have plans, and those will be revealed to us all as time passes.

Also, in case you're wondering, the blog name comes from the best first baseman ever, Keith Hernandez. He played for the Mets in the 1980s, including the 1986 world championship team. He was awesome, and should be in the Hall of Fame (but we'll probably get to that later). Additionally, he's now part of the best TV crew in the business, as a color analyst for the Mets on SNY. He says ridiculous stuff quite often. Hence, "Thus Spoke Keith Hernandez." See what I did there?

Basically, all I ask you is this. Read my stuff for a week. If you don't like it, give it another week. Repeat that until you do like it.

Thanks for reading. Let's have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment