Thursday, May 27, 2010

Uniforms: Toronto Blue Jays

I'm on my way to go to my high school alma mater's regional track meet (let's go 4x8!), so this is going to be my last post of the day. Thanks to whoever's been reading today, and to whoever reads these in the future, pretending like they're new.

I am a uniform nut, for some reason. I have been known to look more favorably on a team whose uniforms I like. That's weird. But I can't help it.

Let's take the Toronto Blue Jays as an example. Their uniforms right now are really, really bad. Here's what they look like:



See? They're terrible. That was the best picture I could find, because nobody wants to see them. Most of the pictures show the "old-school" uniforms, like from the early 1990s. Those look like this:



See how awesome that looks? The hat is the best part. I actually own one of them, and I'm not a Blue Jays fan at all. It just looks cool. And they're effective -- back when those were Toronto's primary uniforms, they were actually good at baseball. They won the 1992 and 1993 World Series.



See how happy Joe Carter is? It's not because he just hit a World Series-winning home run. It's because he looked good doing it. Ditch the black-and-silver crap, Jays.

No comments:

Post a Comment