Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quick morning stuff

First things first, I just want to give fair warning that this weekend may be a little light from me. My brother's graduation open house is today, and tomorrow I'll be attending the Indianapolis 500. I'll be right back up to speed after that, though, and I may be able to write more than I expect.
More stuffOkay, now to some real things. This blog has a Twitter account. Well, technically I have a second Twitter account devoted to this blog, but you get what I mean. You can get updates on when things are posted and little tidbits and things like that. If you like Twitter, you might hit that up. Here is the link.

UConn's mens basketball program has been accused of eight major recruiting infractions. That's not very good. I've never been a huge UConn fan for reasons I can't explain, but though there's always been something that rubbed me the wrong way about the school and Jim Calhoun, I honestly can't say I saw this coming at all. Just from my cursory examination of the charges, they appear to be mostly similar to those leveled against Kelvin Sampson back when he was with my alma mater (that would be Indiana University), only worse, because "false and misleading information" was given to investigators. I don't know what the endgame is going to be, but from experience I can say that if it's anything like it was/is at IU, it's about to be really not fun to be a UConn fan.

Speaking of recruiting violations, it looks like Kentucky's Eric Bledsoe may be involved in some of them. This is all still in the preliminary stages, so who knows what will come of it -- there may very well be nothing. But considering John Calipari's track record of being involved in violations (even when not directly committing the violations), this could very well be something. At the very least, we should keep an eye on it.

More will be coming later, including (hopefully) something on the NBA playoffs (BEAT L.A.) and a moderately well-informed take on the Stanley Cup Finals (%@!# PHILLY). As you can tell, I have some opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment