Thursday, June 3, 2010

A bad day

In some alternate universe Junior never got hurt, and he hit 760 home runs. And nobody cared about Barry Bonds.

Yesterday was quite possibly the most depressing day I've had as a baseball fan since Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS (the 97-win Mets inexplicably losing to the not-that-good Cardinals). It was just very upsetting.

I'm planning on going into more detail about all of this later, but I was unhappy enough when I found out that Ken Griffey, Jr. was retiring. The Armando Galarraga/Jim Joyce snafu made things even worse. And then the Mets lost in about the worst way possible: Johan pitches well, Ass-Rod blows the save, and there's a walk-off grand slam.

Clearly I have done something to anger the baseball gods. I offer them this sacrifice, to appease them:
God, I hate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment