Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Music "Monday": Greg Graffin is my hero

There are few rock musicians whose Wikipedia articles start thusly:
Gregory Walter Graffin, Ph.D. (born November 6, 1964 in Racine, Wisconsin) is an American punk rock musician and college professor.

Greg Graffin, the lead singer for Bad Religion, is a paleontology professor at UCLA on the side. How freaking punk rock is that?

I'm having massive amounts of trouble picking a song to include, so I'm going with multiple songs. First is "Generator," from the 1992 album of the same name. It is awesome.



Next is "New Dark Ages," from 2007's "New Maps of Hell." It is also awesome. Epitaph Records is pretty awesome too, because they let me embed this video, which practically no other labels do.



Finally, we have "All There Is" off of 2004's "The Empire Strikes First." This is probably my favorite Bad Religion song. It is also awesome.



Bad Religion is a pretty good band.

No comments:

Post a Comment