Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is awesome: Here there be wolves

So evidently it's all the rage now to think you're one kind of Universal movie monster or another. I'd heard before about people who claim that they are real vampires of one kind or another - evidently some subsist only on blood, while others are "psychic vampires," who drain people's life force with their minds or something like that. And now, I just found out about the San Antonio teen werewolves. They're a bunch of high school kids who wear cat-eye contact lenses (which look nothing like wolf eyes, I might add) and fake tails and sit around outside malls. I'm assuming that this is all somehow related to Twilight, but they keep calling themselves a wolfpack, so there may be other influences as well.

I don't get it, but as long as people don't get hurt, I don't care what they do. It's kind of amusing, but if it makes them happy, then go for it.

At the risk of going full Simmons, though, there's only one thing that comes to mind for me when I hear about teenage werewolves. And it's definitely not that Taylor Lautner dude (who was surprisingly not horrible on SNL last year). It's this, and only this:


I just hope they don't mind if the basketball coach to recruit them. Because that dude could jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment